Hexoshi is a libre game generally inspired by the Metroid series. It is a work in progress, but once completed, it will be my biggest game yet, with a maze-like world spanning hundreds of individual rooms. I intend to make this one of the greatest libre free-roaming games to date.
I could describe what Hexoshi is like currently, but a video is worth a million words. Here is a video showing the current state of Hexoshi:
As you can see, Hexoshi has a long way to go. That is why I am planning Hexoshi's development in milestones. Goals for Milestone 1 include:
- Add new abilities for the player character, Anneroy, which will be obtained by collecting special artifacts. The new abilities planned for Milestone 1 are an ability to transform into a little ball, allowing access to short passages; and an ability to wall-jump, allowing access to otherwise out-of-reach ledges.
- Add death and teleport animations for Anneroy, which are currently missing.
- Complete the first major area of the game, composed of approximately 30-40 individual rooms.
- Add a proper background for the first major area of the game.
- Add new enemies, which will be used in the first major area of the game.
- Decide Anneroy's full name, the name of the planet, and the name of the first area.
Crowdfunding for Milestone 1 is hosted by CrowdSupply. You can find the campaign here: